THE WRECK AND RISE OF WHITSON MARINER ARE AHEAD; CAUTION IS ADVISED.
Rabbits are a race of intelligent, sentient, and anthropomorphic creatures that made up most of the population of good folk in the whole of Natalia.
- An adult male rabbit is called a buck.
- An adult female rabbit is called a doe.
- A juvenile of either gender is called a youngling.
- Fleck Blackstar
- Garten Longtreader
- Heather Longtreader
- Picket Longtreader
- Smalden Joveson
- Whitson Mariner
- Flint and Fay depart Immovable Mountain by crossing a large divide using seven large stones. A hook of wind aids them at the sixth stone, while on the seventh stone they pause to consider turning back or continuing forward. They choose to make the final jump, concluding an event that becomes known as the Leaping.
- Flint and Fay - and possibly others - take up residence in the area known as the Blue Moss Hills.
- Flint comes into possession of his Stone Sword through uncertain means, while Fay comes into possession of the Stone Book of Fay. Flint uses the sword to fight the First Foe, while the book contains various information including references to "the Citadel of Dreams."
- At some point, a group of Flint and Fay's descendants make their way to Golden Coast. At least one other group ends up Natalia, where they are enslaved by the Dragons.
- After arriving on Golden Coast, the rabbits prosper, with various landed families in particular benefiting from the discovery of gold in the region. Coal is also mined in the area, though it is regarded as menial labor following Hanfer's Second Rush.
- Fleck Blackstar is born to master miner Jon Blackstar and his wife; she dies some time later.
- The Invasion, an attack by an unknown hostile force (possibly made up of wolves) brings terror and violence to Golden Coast.
- In uncertain order...
- The only son of King Gerard, ruler of Golden Coast, dies; Gerard subsequently names Whitson as his successor. He entrusts Whitson with a number of treasures, including the Stone Sword and Book, the Crown of Flames, the Ruling Stone, and the Green Ember. This also thwarts the ambitions of Lord Grimble.
- Whitson proposes fleeing the coast on a fleet of ships, and faces opposition from Rangel and support from Seddle.
- Whitson leads many of the rabbits away from Golden Coast, while King Gerard and a group of old bucks - including Whitson's father Lord Whit and Fleck's father John - remain on Golden Coast, giving their lives in order to cover the escape of their loved ones.
- Following a long sea voyage - during which a number of rabbits, including Seddle, perish - Whitson's party arrives in the land of Natalia.
Rabbits in NataliaEdit